Uploading images into Seidat's image bank
See how you can upload images into Seidat and keep them neatly organised
Pictures make a presentation; great pictures make a great presentation.
Use high-quality images in your Seidat presentations to ensure the best outcome. Seidat has a built-in image bank, where you can store all the pictures you need in your or your team's presentations. All images in the image bank are usable by anyone in the team from any device.
Image bank in general
- All images used in a presentation have to be uploaded to the Seidat image bank to be used in the presentations.
- Each team has its own image bank and you can only use images that have been uploaded to that team.
- Images can be saved to folders in the image bank and further arranged into subfolders.
- You can move pictures and folders from one folder to another by dragging and dropping them.
- Team members with editing rights may download pictures from Seidat image bank to their device.
Images in Seidat presentations
- A general rule of thumb is that the background images should be at least 1920 x 1080 in size to fit the most common screen size of 16:9.
- The exact size of Seidat's content area is 1280 x 720 pixels. The content area will always be visible regardless of the screen size. The background images will fill the screen according to the shape and size.
- The required size of the background image varies depending on the device used for presenting. If you are presenting with a phone, a smaller picture will do. If the presenting is happening on a movie theatre-sized screen a larger picture may be necessary (up to 5000 x 4000).
- Seidat automatically optimizes (scales down) images that are larger than needed for the display it is shown on. So presentations still load quickly on low-resolution mobile devices, even if the original images are large.
- Images larger than 100 million pixels or 256 MB are not supported.
Use of the image bank
Accessing the image bank
Image bank can be accessed from three places in Seidat:
- From the dashboard by pressing the Images icon on the top toolbar (see picture 1.)
- From the slide editor's left toolbar by pressing either of these icons shown below (see picture 2.):
Image bank features
- Upload images from multiple locations or drag and drop them into the image bank.
- Merge selected images (replaces images)
- See the info of the images
- Download images to your computer
Uploading images into the image bank
After you have pressed the "Upload" -button the upload window will open (picture 4.)
Select the preferred source to import the images from (picture 5.)
- Drag and drop, copy and paste or select images from your computer.
- Direct URL-link to an image on the web.
- Search the web (picture 8.)
- Connect your or your company's Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive Business to import photos directly from there.
Once you have selected an image or multiple images to import you can see them in a list (picture 6.)
You can edit images before importing (picture 7.). Note that images can't be rounded after the images have been uploaded.
- Crop images.
- Make images round.
- Rotate images.
- You can replace any image with another from all presentations from the image bank.
- Select two images and press merge from the top right. Choose which image will be replacing the other one(s).
- The image replaces the other images merged from any presentation this image is used in.
- This is a good way to replace old logos etc. with few clicks.
Supported image formats