Get your material to Seidat from PowerPoint with few clicks.
You can import your PowerPoint files (.pptx, .ppt, .odp) directly to Seidat where you can edit, present and share them.
- All elements (pictures, text, shapes, etc.) will be imported as separate elements. All elements can be edited. Text elements are imported both in text and image mode.
- If you want to bring your presentations from Google Slides, just download the presentation to your device as .ppt/.pptx./.odp and then import it to Seidat.
- If you are using custom fonts (i.e. Google Fonts) in your PowerPoint you have to embed the fonts into the presentation you are importing. If any custom fonts are used and they are not embedded, the fonts will be converted into default fonts in Seidat and the result might look different from the original. Read how to embed fonts in PowerPoint here.
- Embedded Excel's etc. will be imported as images.
- The presentation will be as close to the original, but small changes can happen during the import.
How to import
Press the "Import PowerPoint" -button on the dashboard. The import window will open.
From the import window, you can choose the file you wish to import, and other settings:
- What slides do you wish to import from the presentation? Select all if you wish to import the whole presentation or type in the required pages.
- Mode of the import:
- Editable slides if you wish to have all elements from your ppt as separate editable elements. We suggest checking the text styles in your brand settings first to make sure the presentation will convert smoothly. More about PowerPoint import & text styles here.
- Editable slides with text as images if you wish to have all elements from your ppt as separate elements but the text as images (text elements can be later transferred into editable text elements by double-clicking the element).
- Slides as screenshots if you wish to have the whole page as one image.
- The background colour of the presentation (fills out the slide with solid colour, will not show if the slide is filled with a picture) can be chosen with "Slides as screenshots"
- You can also add tags to the imported presentation. Read more about tags here.
Once you press the "Import" -button, the upload will start. The time it takes to upload the presentation may vary based on your location and internet connection's speed. If you cancel during the upload, the import will be cancelled.
You will get a notification once the import is ready. If the import fails, you will get a notification, and you have to try again.
Once the presentation is imported to Seidat, you can play, edit and share the imported presentation like any normal Seidat presentation. All images are uploaded into the image bank. If a presentation with the same name is imported the images will end up in the same folder.
Editing imported presentation
To edit the presentation, press the "edit presentation button". If you imported the PowerPoint "as elements" you can edit the pages as if they were created in Seidat.
- The slides are all automatically place in one row in the imported presentation, but you can move them around freely. We suggest that you utilize Seidat's matrix structure for better-organized presentations.
- The slide titles will be automatically set if the header is written in the header field in PowerPoint. If the page had no title in PowerPoint it would be named Slide 1, Slide 2, etc.
- If the picture in PowerPoint fills the whole content area, the image in Seidat will be set as a background image.
- Grouped elements in PowerPoint will be grouped in Seidat and cannot be used as separate elements.