Creating Pipedrive automations for Seidat
A step-by-step introduction on how to set up the automation and best practices
- Log in to Pipedrive and open the https://pipedrive.seidat.com/ integration page. If you have already installed the application, you can click "Continue to the app".
- Click "Create new automation".
Naming the automation
The integration name is visible in Pipedrive in all notes created by the automation (image below). The name is also visible on the Automations page (image above)
The Trigger - stages or filters
Toggle the trigger on the top right between deal filter or deal stages.
Trigger: deal filter
A flexible way to trigger the automations. The built-in filters* include "Won", "Lost" and "Deleted"** deals, and once a deal is marked as "Won" for example the automation can trigger.
- Creating custom filters allows you to do much more. You can combine multiple values from the deal, company, contact, products, and more. Read more about creating Pipedrive filters here. Read about use cases here. No personal filters (Visibility: Personal) can be used, only public filters can be utilized. Personal filters are not visible in the automation creator.
- *Note: Built-in filters do not work unless they are edited and saved at least once (no editing required). Read more here.
- **Note: "Deleted" -filter cannot be used in the automation. Read more here.
Trigger: deal stage
The automation is triggered when the deal is moved to a specific stage in that pipeline, like "Proposal Made". You can choose any stage in any of your pipelines.
Setting up automation actions
- You can create a new link to an existing presentation. This can be used in email automation campaigns for example when you want to send a unique link.
- You can duplicate and create a link to that presentation. This is useful when you want to have a unique presentation that can be edited manually later, like an offer, and have a link that can be sent to a customer.
- Copy, find and replace text, and create a link. This is useful when you have the text in your deal you want to replace in the presentation template, like the price of a product, salesperson contact details, or other details. The automation will automatically map the fields and propose the data to be replaced. See here a full list of Pipedrive fields. You can also manually map the fields.
Choosing the target presentation
Choose a target presentation to be used with the automation. The presentations are listed from newest to oldest. You can type into the field to search.
Giving the new presentation a title
You can combine text and field information to the name like or . Press the down arrow from the right side to open the placeholder selection.
Find & replace text
Map the fields that aren't automatically mapped. You can re-map automatically mapped fields too.
Select what tags will the copied presentation have. The tags that are automatically visible are tags already added to the template presentation. Tags help you and your teammates in finding the presentations from the team later.
Choose optional Pipedrive activities
- Share link tracker. An activity is created once the deal owner has opened the link if toggled. You can set a cool-off period to prevent multiple activities to be created in a short time span.
- eSignature tracker. If toggled, once the presentation's eSign status will be changed to "Signed" activity will be created for the deal owner.
If left untoggled no activities are created.
- Updating smart slides' placeholder text is not currently supported.
- Presentation meeting notes from Seidat will be automatically updated to the Pipedrive deal's notes from the link attached to the deal (last integration created link).