Setting up Google Universal Analytics in Seidat
Track how your presentations are viewed by adding Google Analytics to your team.
Note that Google Analytics 4 (key format: G-XXXXXX) can be set up for Seidat through our Google Tag Manager integration. This guide explains how to set up Google Universal Analytics (key format: UA-000000-0) in Seidat directly.
Why connect Google Analytics to Seidat?
- See what slides your viewers have visited and for how long.
- Determine how your content is performing by analyzing viewers' behavior.
Unless you are an advanced user, we recommend creating a separate property to make tracking your presentations easier.
Don't have a Google Analytics account?
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin at the bottom-left.
- At the top of the Account column, click Create Account.
- Provide an account name.
- Configure the data sharing settings to customize how you share your data with Google.
- Click Next to proceed to the property setup.
Adding a new property
You need Edit permission to add properties and data streams to a Google Analytics account. If you created this account, you automatically have this permission.
- If you are continuing from creating an account, skip to step 2. Otherwise, click Admin at the bottom-left. Make sure that you've selected the right account in the Account column. Then, in the Property column, click Create Property.
- Enter a name for the property and select the reporting time zone and currency.
- Click Show advanced options (below the property setup fields).
- Turn on the switch for Create a Universal Analytics property.
- Enter the website URL.
- Choose between creating both a Google Analytics 4 and a Universal Analytics property, or just a Universal Analytics property. Note that you can only connect your Universal Analytics property to Seidat. If you're unsure, choose to create a Universal Analytics property only.
- Click Next and provide information about your business.
- Click Create.
Adding your Google Analytics tracking ID to Seidat
To start collecting analytics data, you must provide your tracking ID on the Team settings page. The tracking ID consists of "UA-" followed by several digits, for example, UA-000000-2.
Can't find your tracking ID?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin at the bottom-left.
- Select an account from the menu at the top of the Account column.
- Select a property from the menu at the top of the Property column.
- Under Property, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Testing everything works
To ensure everything is working correctly, you can open any of your presentations in the browser (turn off any ad blocker extensions). Open another tab and navigate to the Google Analytics dashboard. Choose Realtime > Overview on the left. You should now be seeing at least one active user there.
Read more about Realtime here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1638635?hl=en
- Analytics data is only collected on presentation URLs (including Shared and Live presentations). Other pages in the app are left out.
- Any use of ad blockers will most likely prevent analytics data collection.
- Only slide views longer than 1s are recorded.
- No personally identifiable information about the viewers is collected (e.g., emails and personal names).