Embedding websites and other content
You have myriad different options to embed different content to showcase your services and products with ease.
Embedding content from multiple online sources to your presentation is really easy. For example, you can embed:
- Fully interactive live websites, like your company's website
- Videos from YouTube or Vimeo for example
- 3D images
- 360° panorama images
- Charts and graphs from Google Slides, Google Data Studio or Microsoft Office 365 for example
What and why of embedding websites
- Websites are a good way to add contact or order forms to a Seidat presentation.
- The websites can be used as in a browser.
- If the website has blocked Iframe embedding, it cannot be embedded to Seidat. Please contact the site administrator to allow Iframe embedding. More info at "Troubleshooting" later in this article.
- Embedding HTTP websites requires few additional steps. More info at the end of this article.
Adding content to the slide with iframe
- Start by clicking the website icon on the left toolbar. The icon is highlighted blue in the picture below
- A frame opens and a toolbar opens on the top of the screen.
- Copy the URL address you want to embed to the slide. You can add videos, websites, 3D images, etc. to the frame as long as they are hosted on the web in a service that allows embedding to other sources.
- Paste it into the address bar field on the top toolbar in Seidat. Press the save icon next to the address bar.
- You can resize the frame to fit the rest of the page's content.
- Note that when sharing the presentation by using Seidat Live, the recipient of the presentation does not see actions done on the website by the presenter.
Some websites do not allow themselves to be embedded in iframes. This behavior is dictated by the following HTTP headers set on the website server:
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors(Supported in modern browsers, not supported in Internet Explorer).
X-Frame-Options(Supported in Internet Explorer. Modern browsers may disregard it).
To allow the website to be embedded only in Seidat, set those headers to:
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors *.seidat.com; X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM https://app.seidat.com/
Alternatively, you can remove those headers altogether, which will allow embedding the website on any page.
Read more about
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy/frame-ancestors
Read more about
Adding HTTP (non secured) websites
For security reasons, HTTP (unsecured) Iframes cannot be embedded within Seidat, since any communication between the HTTP iframe and the server it is hosted on is not secure. This is to prevent phishing scams and other attacks and is default browser behavior. Instead, Seidat shows a link so that the embedded page can be opened in a new tab or window.
If you are the moderator of the website, it is recommended to add the HTTPS protocol to the website to make it easier to embed it in a presentation. HTTPS websites also usually rank higher in search results.