What beta means
- The PowerPoint-import is in beta mode (v.2.0), which means that the text will be imported as images and cannot be edited.
- In the final version of the PowerPoint-import the text's will be imported as text and can be edited.
- All elements (pictures, text, shapes, etc.) will be imported as separate elements (images)
- If you are using custom fonts (i.e. Google Fonts) in your PowerPoint you have to embed the fonts to the presentation you are importing. If any custom fonts are used and they are not embedded, the fonts will be converted into default fonts in Seidat and the result might look different from the original. Read how to embed fonts to PowerPoint here.
How to import
- Press "Import PowerPoint (beta)" -button next to "New presentation" -button (picture 1.)
- The import window will open (picture 2.). Choose the file you wish to import. You can select:
- What slides you wish to import from the presentation. Select all if you wish to import the whole presentation or type in the required pages.
- Mode of the import. Select "as elements" if you wish to have all elements from your ppt as separate. Select "as images" if you wish to have the whole page as one image.
- The background colour of the presentation (fills out the slide with solid colour, will not show if the slide is filled with a picture)
- Choose the PowerPoint -file you wish to import (.pptx, .ppt, .odp)
- Once you press "Import" -button, the upload will start. The time it takes to upload the presentation may vary based on your location and internet connection's speed. If you cancel during the upload, the import will be cancelled.
- You will get a notification once the import is ready. If the import fails, you will get a notification, and you have to try again.
Editing, playing and sharing presentations
- You can play, edit and share the presentation like any normal Seidat presentation.
- To edit press "edit presentation button". If you imported the ppt "as elements" you can edit the pages normally. Only difference is that the texts are as elements and cannot be edited. If you want to update the text's, you have to write the text again.
- All images are uploaded into the image bank.
- If a presentation with the same name is imported they will end up in the same folder.
- The slide titles will be automatically set if the header is written in header field in PowerPoint
- If the picture in PowerPoint is filling the whole content area the image in Seidat will be set as a background image