Pictures make a presentation; great pictures make a great presentation. Use high-quality images in your Seidat presentations to ensure the best outcome. Seidat has a built-in image bank, where you can store all the pictures you need in your or your team's presentations. All images in the image bank are usable by anyone in the team from any device.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE IMAGEBANK
- All images used in a presentation have to be uploaded to the Seidat image bank.
- Your private account has a separate image bank that only you can see and use.
- Each team has their own image bank.
- You can't use images from your private bank to team's presentations and vice versa.
- Images can be saved to folders in the image bank.
- Images can't be moved from folder to folder, so make sure you upload them to the correct folder.
- Empty folders are deleted automatically.
- Team members with editing rights may download pictures from Seidat image bank to their device.
IMAGES IN SEIDAT PRESENTATIONS
- As a general rule of thumb is that the background images should be at least 1920 x 1080 in size to fit the most common screen size of 16:9.
- The exact size of Seidat's content area is 1280 x 900 pixels. The content area will always be visible regardless of the screen size. The background images will fill the screen according to the shape and size.
- The required size of the background image varies depending on the device used for presenting. If you are presenting with a phone, a smaller picture will do. If the presenting is happening on a movie theatre sized screen a larger picture may be necessary (up to 5000 x 4000).
- Larger images might take more time to load when presenting. So too large images might start working against you with slow internet speeds.
SUPPORTED IMAGE FORMATS
NOT SUPPORTED IMAGE FORMATS
Image bank can be accessed from three places in Seidat:
- From the dashboard by pressing Images icon on the top toolbar (see picture 1.)
- From the slide editor's left toolbar by pressing either of these icons (see picture 2.):
- When a new folder is created, you can start uploading pictures to it. Please note that you have to open the folder before downloading pictures to it.
- If you exit the image bank before any pictures have been uploaded to it, it will be deleted.
- If you delete all pictures from a folder, it will be deleted.
- You can upload pictures to Seidat's image bank from multiple sources.
- If you have the pictures on your computer, you can upload them by clicking "Choose File" button at the bottom of the screen. You can also drag & drop multiple pictures to the screen to start the import.
- If you want to use any of the other sources, choose the source from the left menu and follow the steps.
When the image is selected, the image tool appears to the top of the screen. The tool's functions are from left to right:
- Lock element (locks the picture in place, it can't be selected afterwards unless the lock is removed from "Properties" tab on the right side of the screen (can be toggled on and off from top right symbol)
- Copy image. Copied images can be pasted onto a different slide (will be pasted in the same spot on the page) or completely different presentation within the team.
- Paste image.
- Remove the image. Can also be deleted with the backspace or delete buttons on keyboard.
- Bring the image forward.
- The layer level (the higher numbers will be on top of other objects)
- Send the image backwards
- Shape colour (disabled with pictures)
- Undo. Can also be done by pressing cmd/ctrl + Z.
- Redo. Can also be done by pressing shift + cmd/ctrl + Z
SCALING AND MOVING A PICTURE
Once you have added a picture (not background picture), you can scale it to fit the rest of the elements on the page.
- Select the picture by pressing once over the picture.
- A small square will appear on each corner and side.
- You can drag from the small squares the picture to the desired size.
- Note that some picture formats allow stretching the picture. You can keep shift-button pressed down to keep the original ratio of the picture.
- If you keep alt pressed, the picture will scale from both sides.
- You can flip objects by dragging from the small square to the other side of the image.
- The image can be moved freely by clicking and holding the picture.
USING AN IMAGE AS A BACKGROUND
- Good and correctly used background images can help the message of a slide to sink into the viewers.
- A background image should be in dialogue with the text and vice versa.
- The background image shouldn't be too informative and action-packed.
- Use of different backgrounds in a presentation keeps the viewers active.
- You can add a coloured and partly opaque layer on top of the background image to make it pop out more.
- The background image's quality should be at least 1920 x 1080 pixels to work on most 16:9 screens (even on retina screens).
- However, it should be kept in mind, that the bigger and better the screen, the larger and sharper the image should be.
Adding the background image
- You can use an image as a background by pressing the background image button from the left toolbar
- You can add the image like you normally would add a picture.
- The picture will be "behind" every layer and can't be resized or reframed. If you want to resize or reframe the picture it has to be before importing it to Seidat's image bank.
- To remove the background image from the slide, open the image background image tool and click "No image" at the bottom of the pop-up screen.