- Copying presentation in Seidat is simple and straightforward.
- There are few reasons why you might want to copy a presentation:
- You have a "master" presentation and want to create a slightly different version to be used for example by salesperson X. Copying the presentation and adding to the copied presentation the salesperson X's contact information page.
- You want to create a completely different presentation but you want to use the old presentation as a base.
- You want to add customer logo to the offer presentation.
- Having pages converted into smart slides eliminates unnecessary editing into multiple presentations in the long run. No matter how many presentations you have copied if the pages that have to be updated are smart slides.
How to copy a presentation
- Duplicate presentation from the dashboard by pressing "Duplicate presentation" -button (picture 1.)
- The new copied presentation will appear on top of the dashboard if arrangement is set to "Date created".
- The new presentation's name will be the same as the previous with added (copy) at the end.
- Once the presentation is copied you can freely modify it in any way.
- If the use is changed (presentation is used like a template) make sure you:
- Check what smart pages you do not want to change as smarts. Remove linking from these pages.
- Check tags, name, structure, hotspots and presentation access levels from the whole presentation.
What will be copied?
- The whole presentation as is including:
- Smart slides will remain linked (the linking can be removed later if required)
- All non-smart slides will remain independent pages (can be converted to smart slides later if required)
- Tags will be the same in both presentations (can be modified later to fit the need)
- Hotspots will copy and remain working normally.
- Presentation access levels will remain if the original presentation had them set.
What will NOT be copied?
- Any Seidat Live -links or Seidat Links. They will remain to work on the previous presentation and new can be created to both.
Who can copy a presentation?
- Presentation can be copied by anyone with editing rights in the team.
- However, if the presentation is hidden from the editor from the presentation access levels (right button in picture 1. right from "Duplicate presentation" button) the editor can't copy the presentation.
- If the presentation access level is limited to "Sharing" or "Viewing" any editor can copy the presentation (picture 3.)