Embed fully interactive live-websites to your presentations
- Combining websites, videos and other content to one presentation make the presenting easier.
- Websites are a good way to add contact or order forms to a Seidat presentation.
- The websites can be used as in a browser.
- Websites are embedded with Iframe.
- If the website has blocked Iframe embedding, it cannot be embedded to Seidat. Please contact the site administrator to allow Iframe embedding.
- Start by clicking the website icon on the left toolbar. It is located between shape and video icons (highlighted blue in the picture below)
- A toolbar opens on the top of the screen.
- Copy the address you want to embed.
- Paste it into the address bar field on top toolbar in Seidat. Press save icon next to the address bar.
- You can resize the frame to fit the rest of the page's content.
- HTTPS (secured) websites can be added easily. If you want to add non secured, HTTP, sites read the rest of the article. You can read more about HTTPS and HTTP here.
- Note that when sharing the presentation by using Seidat Live, the recipient of the presentation does not see actions done on the website by the presenter.
Adding HTTP (non secured) websites
By default for security reasons, HTTP (unsecured) Iframes cannot be embedded within Seidat using HTTPS protocol, since any communication between the HTTP iframe and the server it is hosted on is not secure. This is to prevent phishing scams and other attacks. When viewing a presentation in HTTP mode someone on the same network may intercept your traffic and view the presentation. As such, HTTP viewing is not recommended if your presentation content is sensitive. Never share the HTTP URL of the presentation since it can be accessed by anyone who has a link to it. For security reasons you will not be logged in while using the app in HTTP mode.
If you still wish to embed a website running on HTTP protocol follow the steps below
- Go to the Presentation settings from the left toolbar (gear icon).
- Under Security, toggle "Allow unsecured (HTTP) presentation viewing"
- Seidat will turn the HTTP mode on if there is HTTP content embedded. If there is no HTTP content, Seidat will remain in HTTPS.
- When entering presentation mode, Seidat will confirm the transformation to HTTP mode.
- If you are the moderator of the website, it is recommended to add the HTTPS protocol to the website to make it easier to embed it to a presentation. Google also prefers websites in their search results that have the protocol installed.
Some other problems might occur when embedding a website into a presentation:
- Some websites do not allow themselves to be loaded in iframes. The most likely scenario is that the Headers (site settings) specified by the server include X-Frame-Options. X-Frame-Options may be set to Sameorigin or Deny, both of which prevent iframes.
- More details: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options
- Another header that may cause trouble is Content-Security-Policy
- More details: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy
- Note that you need to have access to website settings to change them.
- You need to remove an X-Frame-Options. However, if you still wish to use it, set these options: X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM https://app.seidat.com/ & Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self' *.seidat.com ;
More information on X-frame-options and Content-Security-Options: