Click the Text-button (A) to create a new text box. You can start typing text. De-select the text element by clicking around the box. You can now move by dragging the element (hold the mouse's left button clicked and drag). Stretch the box to desired shape from the corners or sides (white dots). Re-enter to edit the text by double-clicking the box.
- While the text element is active you can see the text toolbar at the top of the editor (see picture below).
- Lock element: the element cannot be accessed from the editor, the lock can be removed from the properties tab on right top corner of the editor
- Copy: copies the chosen item
Paste: pastes the copied item
Remove: deletes the chosen item
Bring forward: brings the chosen element forward
Send backward: send the chosen element backward
Shape colour (not available in text editor). Please read how you can change the colour of the fonts in brand settings
Text styles: you can select text styles that have been created in brand settings
Bold: example text
Italic: example text
Underline: example text
Numbered list: creates ordered lists (1., 2., 3., etc.)
Bulleted list: creates unordered lists
Clear formatting: resets the formatting of the text
Alignment: Align the text; choose justify, left, center of right align
Undo: undoes your last move
Redo: redoes your last move
- You can do text formatting to the whole text box or only to a part of the text in the box.
- You can select multiple text elements at the same time by keeping SHIFT-button pressed and clicking the desired text boxes or by dragging the mouse over the text boxes. Note the text toolbar will not appear of you select other than text elements.
- If you wish to add strikethrough text (text with horizontal line through it) you can copy+paste it from somewhere else and the strikethrough will remain. You cannot add the strikethrough from Seidat app.
- All the text styles have to be created first in brand settings. You cannot change the font, color and font in the slide editor. This helps to keep the look of the presentations consistent with company's brand guidelines.
- The text element adds a new line when the text cannot fit the current line. You can reshape the text to fit other content after.
- The text editor doesn't hyphenate automatically, but you can force hyphenate by adding a hyphen (-) at the correct spot.