You can import your PowerPoint-files (.pptx, .ppt, .odp) directly to Seidat where you can edit, present and share them.
- All elements (pictures, text, shapes, etc.) will be imported as separate elements. All elements can be edited. Text elements are imported both in text and image mode.
- If you want to bring your presentations from Google Slides, just download the presentation to your device as .ppt/.pptx./.odp and then import to Seidat.
- If you are using custom fonts (i.e. Google Fonts) in your PowerPoint you have to embed the fonts to the presentation you are importing. If any custom fonts are used and they are not embedded, the fonts will be converted into default fonts in Seidat and the result might look different from the original. Read how to embed fonts to PowerPoint here.
- Embedded Excels etc. will be imported as images.
- Presentation will be as close to the original, but small changes can happen during the import.
How to import
- Press "Import PowerPoint" -button next to "New presentation" -button (picture 1.)
The import window will open (picture 2.). Choose the file you wish to import. You can select:
- What slides you wish to import from the presentation. Select all if you wish to import the whole presentation or type in the required pages.
- Mode of the import. Select "Slides as elements" if you wish to have all elements from your ppt as separate. Select "Slides as images" if you wish to have the whole page as one image.
- The background colour of the presentation (fills out the slide with solid colour, will not show if the slide is filled with a picture) can be chosen with "Slides as images"
- Choose the PowerPoint -file you wish to import (.pptx, .ppt, .odp)
- Once you press "Import" -button, the upload will start. The time it takes to upload the presentation may vary based on your location and internet connection's speed. If you cancel during the upload, the import will be cancelled.
- You will get a notification once the import is ready. If the import fails, you will get a notification, and you have to try again.