Why connect Google Analytics to Seidat?
- See what slides your viewers have visited and for how long.
- Determine how your content is performing by analyzing viewers' behaviour.
- Free and easy to set up.
Unless you are an advanced user, we recommend creating a separate property to make tracking your presentations easier.
Don't have a Google Analytics account?
- If you have not already signed in, sign in to Analytics.
- Click Admin.
- In the Account column, click Create Account.
- Enter an account name.
- Configure the data-sharing settings to control which data you share with Google.
- Click Next to add the first property to the account.
This will create a new Google Analytics account with a new property. Continue to "Adding a new property"
Already have an account?
- Sign in to Analytics if you are not already signed in.
- Click Admin.
- Look at the Account column to make sure that you've selected the right account. Then, in the Property column, click Create Property.
Adding a new property
You need Edit permission to add properties and data streams to a Google Analytics account. If you created this account, you automatically have Edit permission.
To add a property:
- Enter a name for the property.
Google Analytics 4 properties are now the default. To create a Universal Analytics property instead, follow the steps here.
- Select the reporting time zone. Analytics uses this as the day boundary for your reports regardless of where the data originates.
- Select the currency you want to use for reporting.
- Click Next and provide information about your business. Select an industry category, business size, and indicate the ways you use Analytics.
- Click Create.
- Accept the Analytics Terms of Service and the Data Processing Amendment.
Your next step is to add a data stream.
- Click Add stream, then click Web
- Enter the "app.seidat.com" to Website URL. Keep https:// selected
- Add a Stream name, e.g. "Company XYZ - Seidat".
- You have the option to enable or disable enhanced measurement. Enhanced measurement automatically collects page views and other events. Once the data stream has been created, you can always go back and individually disable the enhanced measurement events you don’t want to collect. So, we recommend that you enable enhanced measurement now.
- Click Create stream.
Adding your Google Analytics Measurement ID to Seidat
To start collecting analytics data you will need to provide your Measurement ID on the Team Settings page. The Measurement ID consists of "G-" followed by several digits, for example, G-00A00B01C2.
Testing everything works
To ensure everything is working correctly, you can open any of your presentations in the browser (turn off any ad blocker extensions). Open another tab and navigate to the Google Analytics dashboard. Choose Realtime > Overview on the left. You should now be seeing at least one active user there.
Read more about Realtime here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1638635?hl=en
- Analytics data is only collected on presentation URLs (including Shared and Live presentations). Other pages in the app are left out.
- Any use of ad blockers will most likely prevent analytics data collection.
- Only slide views longer than 1s are recorded.
- No personally identifiable information about the viewers is collected (e.g. emails and personal names).